Monday, July 18, 2011

Memory Tricks: Learning Through Song

I am always looking for new and interesting ways to capture the attention of my students and lead them to a deeper understanding of the content.  One of our class projects this year was to create a music video to a song I had written about the process of long division.  It provided the students with an opportunity to collaborate with each other and get their creative juices flowing, all while focusing on math.  We spent many indoor recesses filming and recording, and had a blast doing it!  It gave me a chance to see a different side to many of my students, but most importantly, I am confident that my students really know how to divide!

  So, do you know how to divide?

2 comments:

  1. This is such an awesome video! I love your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How to make money from betting on football - Work Tomake Money
    If you're having problems 바카라 finding a winning bet gri-go.com online for the หารายได้เสริม day of your choosing, then 나비효과 there are plenty of opportunities available right here.

    ReplyDelete