Thursday, April 11, 2013

Technology: Finally!

We have Technoooooolllloooogy!!!! (Said in my best "Oprah's Favorite Things" voice).  Because we were able to build all new schools, we also received all new interactive whiteboards, as well as speakers in our ceilings and MICROPHONES!  If you know me at all, you know I love to sing, so my poor students always catch me singing into the microphone.  It always lightens the mood, especially during testing prep when things can get a little tense.

Today, I decided to slow things down a bit and let the students use the interactive whiteboard to show their answers on their homework.  Normally, I would just slide their paper under our document camera, but he's been feeling a little under the weather lately, so we've had to do without (I feel LOST without it, but we make do!).  We have been doing a lot of reviewing lately, as well as making connections between all the different areas of math, so last night's homework involved circle graphs, fractions, and percents.  We can ALWAYS review that!  They were given four frequency charts with information that they had to put into circle graphs using the fractions given.  Here are some pictures of a few of the students recreating their graphs;


Ben was the first brave soul to give it a try!  Pretty good!

Paige and TeShon hard at work!

The last class of the day seemed to have a hard time deciding which fraction was larger; 3/8 or 1/4, so we decided to use the highlight feature on the interactive whiteboard to give us a better visual.  As we were highlighting, I heard lots of  "ohhhhh!!!!!!"  The visual really helped, and it was so much easier with the interactive feature.  Check out the picture below!



 I can't wait to start  utilizing our new technology in the future!  Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment